Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mini MAC Haul.. Small Treat for me.


ImageSo I decided to treat myself to a Mini Haul at the MAC counter. I actually wanted to get quite a few of clearance items from Sephora. I saw online that Sephora was having a pretty nice clearance sale of their makeup brushes. So of course I bee lined straight to my local Sephora counter to add some new brushes to my kit. You can never have too many clean blending brushes, or too many brushes at all for that matter. Of course, the counter doesn't have any brushes on sale right now. They are only online. Isn't that always the case!!! Not everybody wants to wait and pay for shipping!!! Especially when you have a perfectly good store in the same city where you live. But I digress.
So upon looking around at the Sephora counter I noticed that they had absolutely nothing worth spending money on. I looked for quite sometime. I talked to the counter reps and looked at almost everything, except the nail polish. But either way, there was no sale going, no new items in, no nothing. So Sad. I was really looking forward to buying, lol. Just the treat of purchasing something new. After searching high and low for a good bargain I decided to go to MAC. If all else fails, MAC is the place to go.
So, I decided to play around. Let them make me up for a chance. I was going to let the artist do her best. No restrictions. She didn't even blink before she told me, "Well this isn't Ambush Make Over. I need  to know what you want to do or look like." If I asked that then I would have said that. Ugh, RUDE!!

But I looked around and even looked through their "look book" (which needs to be updated) and couldn't find anything that I wanted to look like. So I waited around looking at the available options. Now mind you, if you've ever been to a MAC counter they have the same products they've had for the last several years. However, they have a new product launch just about every month to every three months. So they product line stays fresh and new.
Image (From left to right: Viva Glam Nicki, Ruby Woo, and Money, Honey)
For MUAs it gives use more to work with, but for us MUAs on a budget, they never have a sale or discount unless you have a PRO discount card (which you can't use in at the counter).
Going back to my experience, I decided to do a Bold Lip and High Lighting with Contouring. Always looking to re-up my knowledge on looks. So we sat and talked and she told me that the Dewey look was back in for Spring and this year the Bold Lip was in as well. Well this would be totally different then what I'm used to considering I have a oily skin type so I tend to go for a matte finish. You can always add a shine back into the skin if you want the sort of thing. Well here's the look not 5 minutes from making my purchase and going to the car:
ImageImageImageImage
 Now to me, I feel like it's just an Oily Look. Now it was raining, and the over cast didn't provide alot of sun light so my flash bounced light over my skin. She did do a full face look, meaning moisturizer, foundation, setting powder, high lighter, blush, and brow pencil. Along with eye shadow and mascara. I'll list everything below. On my lips are the colors you see in the previous picture.
I can appreciate the look because of the idea behind it. But that's about All I can say on it. I love the look of the lips. The dimension and the colors:
 ImageImage
I normally would wear a nude or just a gloss. But This Is Gaw-geous!!! My boldness is coming in full on this Spring/Summer! I plan to go to Target and get many more new shades and brands to see if there are not only dupes for the MAC line, which I know there are (see next post), but to get more items to add to my kit. Keep an eye out for more hauls to come!
Items used:
Oil Control Lotion
Prep & Prime SPF
Mineralize SPF NC 45
Pink Rebel Lustre Drops
Paint Pod Eclair
Shadow Embrace Me
Whole Lotta Love Blush
Dark & Deep Dark Mineralized Skinfinish

No comments:

Post a Comment