Thursday, June 27, 2013

Long Time no haul.... Until Now!


Being a Makeup Artist on a budget comes with its own separate set of obstacles. Finding quality products at a modest price point can be a struggle. I'm always on the hunt to find a great deal on some makeup product to enhance my kit and to use for my personal use. Over the last couple of weeks I've been blessed to add a few more items to my arsenal.
I've been collecting items over time. Please don't think it's been bought all at one time. I'm still unemployed (praying that this changes soon), however, my kit helps me earn extra cash but providing services. So I try to invest a small amount every now and then. Besides you can never have too much make up :^).


Image Image
Pictured from left to right: #19 Raspberry Rush, #16 Flirty Fuchsia, #27 Dulce Caramelo, #01 Sweet Nectar.
So first up is Milani's Lipsticks. I first became aware of this brand and their greatness from YouTube Guru Cora from VintageorTacky. Thank you Cora!! These lipsticks are highly pigmented and are great value items to add to any kit. Purchased at any Target or Drug store, these typically run in price from about $7.49 and on sale as low as $3.49 (awesome!!!). I purchased a total of 5 over time. One was purchased over 2 months ago and I decided not to add it to this haul/ review. If you're interested comment below and I'll add an update.
The 4 I bought about 5 weeks ago I purchased at a great deal. Searching for the best deal it happen to be at CVS. At $5.49, they were on sale for buy one get one half off (b1g1) and with an in store coupon for $2.00 off a beauty purchase along with another coupon of $5.00 off a $10.00 or more purchase; I felt that I racked up!!!  I spent less than $10 before taxes on 4 lipsticks that could indeed rival any high-end brand. With a wide range of colors, textures, and finishes, these can be used to create great looks. Including the well sought after Bold Lip statement. As seen here: Image
Next up is Lip Glazes from Stilla Cosmetics. Now I'm not very familiar with this brand. I happen across it in Sephora while looking to use up a $5.00 gift card from Wrapp. I have had a few of these mini gift cards before and they always tend to expire before I can get out there to use them, so I made sure this time that didn't happen! Free money, never give that up. So I looked around at their mini items to see if I could find an expensive kit building item. Upon looking for almost an hour at almost everything seemed to be out of the range what I was willing to pay. Which was sales tax. Just being honest.
So I decided to find something I could use and pay as little as possible. What caught my eyes was the Stilla Lip Glaze Trio. As you see there were 2 I could choose from. I decided to go with the one on the right. Lip Glaze Trio in Flower Power.
Image  Image Left to Right: Peach Blossom, Pink Orchid, Lilac.
Nice Spring shades to use with lipsticks or by themselves. They can be used sheerly or intensely to desired effect. Though a bit tacky for my taste and required a heavy hand to use for just gloss alone. Image
Next up is Lit Cosmetics. I am totally surprised at how much I love these products. YouTube Guru Beatface Honey and Queen of Blending both have raved about the glitter and adhesive products created by this company. I purchased my lot from Beautylish.com. Though Lit Cosmetics does have a website (click here), Beautylish had a better deal. With the purchase of 3 glitters you received a free Lit Kit. The kit includes a mini precision brush, 4 ml (.14 oz) bottle of glitter adhesive, and a Sparker Duster (the pink thing).
ImageImage
They sent a nice hand written card placed in the box along with it. I chose Mariln Monroe S2 (size of glitter) Image. A nice fine grade of glitter that packs a heavy punch of sparkle. My next choice was Liberache Image. A beautiful metallic pure gold. Also a size S2. My final choice was Boogie Nights ,   Image a Beautylish exclusive. Though the picture doesn't do this particular glitter justice. There's a turquoisey, peacock-y blend. With a bit of purple and hint of silver. I used Boogie Nights and Marilin Monroe yesterday on a look I did on myself: Image  Image Image. A little practice is needed for placement and design. However, I'm very happy with the overall look.
I hope this helps any of you that are looking for a new product to try out. If you have any suggestions of items for me to try, let me know. I'm always looking for a bargain or a deal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment